Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The City of Plant City encourages residents in areas affected by Hurricane Irma to take precautions when encountering standing water.
standing water is in the area:
not drive through the water. Depth cannot be determined in murky water and even
six inches of water can cause a car to float.
• Standing water can carry a number of contaminants including sewage and chemicals. Do not let children play in standing water and to avoid them as much as possible.
• After a heavy storm, sharp debris could be hidden in the water causing injury.
• Standing water may contain harmful bacteria that could cause infection.
• If downed power lines are hidden under standing water, there is the risk of electrocution.
• Allow the City to restore drainage by removing debris and sediment from drainage grates.
• Watch for snakes and alligators. Most Florida snakes are not poisonous but may still react if approached.
For more information on Hurricane Irma, visit http://www.floridadisaster.org/info/.