Bruton Memorial Library is Plant City's library and is a member of the Hillsborough County Public Library Cooperative through an inter-local agreement.The location at the corner of McLendon and Wheeler streets is convenient to the City's central business and government district, schools, and residential areas.
The library is accessible for and used by patrons from the eastern region of Hillsborough County. Started by the Plant City Woman's Club in 1927, the Library continued as their volunteer project until 1959, when the residents of the City voted to tax themselves to have public library service. A small library was built by the City, a staff was hired and the library became a department of the City government. The Library was enlarged and remodeled in 1994, and is now named in honor and memory of Quintilla Geer Bruton and Judge James D. Bruton, Jr.
The library is a beautiful and spacious 20,000-square-foot facility which houses: